Project Coordinator for immediate start
The Irish Computer Society/ICS Skills wishes to recruit a Project Coordinator on a 3-month contract basis.
The ICS, a not-for-profit organisation, is the representative body for IT professionals in Ireland. ICS Skills is a registered charity with a mission to raise the digital literacy skills of the general population and to combat IT skills shortages.
The Project Coordinator will be working on the project ‘Tech Week’, a high profile, national festival of technology aimed at students, their parents and the public. Tech Week is made up of a range of classroom and community activities taking place across Ireland – in schools, libraries, community centres and many other locations. These activities give students a chance to develop their interest in technology subjects, examine potential career prospects and learn new skills.
The Project Coordinator will work as a member of the Tech Week project team, reporting directly to the project manager. He/she will coordinate various STEM outreach activities, event administration and logistics, engaging with schools and our Tech Week partners.
Please forward your CV and a cover letter to Gillian Harty (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 1st March.
- Third level qualification or higher, in business, education or technology
- Experience in project coordination and event planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working within a small team, building relationships with other teams across the business as necessary
- Flexibility to work unsocial or extended hours occasionally
- ECDL or equivalent
- Self-motivated, flexible, creative, able to work independently to produce high quality work
- Excellent communicator, in both written and verbal form.
- Good team player
- The position will be based in our Dublin 4 premises and will start immediately.
- Average 35-hour working week.
- Annual leave calculated on a pro-rata basis – based on 25 days annual allowance (including 5 days mandated by company)