The Irish Computer Society wishes to recruit a Project Executive.
The Irish Computer Society is a non-profit membership organisation founded in 1967 to support the ICT and related professions in Ireland. Its social enterprise division, the ICS Foundation, is charged with advocating for digital literacy and the use of technology in education, research and developing policy on all aspects of ICT and supporting the ICT profession in Ireland.
This is a varied and stimulating position for a creative and motivated individual with knowledge of and interest in ICT, STEM, education, training and development. The Project Executive will contribute to the research, specification, coordination and delivery of digital skills programmes and initiatives. The Project Executive will develop and activate promotion campaigns for the ICS Foundation’s various projects and initiatives across the full spectrum of its reach in collaboration with senior management and project managers. The Project Executive will provide support to project managers in the development, execution and completion of national and European proposals and consulting projects, thus playing an active role in developing and broadening the knowledge base of the ICS Foundation.
- Coordinating the Digital Skills for Citizens funded programme.
- Providing administrative support for the National Coalition for Digital Skills and Jobs.
- Providing project support on various EU consultancy projects and standards committees.
- Assisting in the drafting of proposals for national and EU funded projects.
- Nurturing a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programmes.
- Managing the ICS Foundation’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Creating content for press releases, articles, blog posts and keynote presentations.
- Growing the subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Researching areas of relevance to the ICS Foundation’s objectives.
The ideal candidate can adopt a dual-minded approach: be highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven and rely on data to make decisions. You should have and be able to communicate a passion and strong understanding of the industry and the ICS Foundation’s mission in everything you do. This role is at the core of the ICS Foundation, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Minimum Third Level qualification in PR, communications, business, education, or relevant and equivalent qualification or experience,
- Excellent organisational skills to work independently in coordinating initiatives and supporting projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to quickly understand policy, research and data related to ICT studies and careers.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- Self-motivated, self-confident and sociable – ability to network effectively, a team player.
- Flexible and effective under pressure with an ability to juggle different priorities and meet deadlines.
- The position will be based in our Dublin 4 offices.
- Average 35-hour working week.
- 25 days annual leave (including 5 days mandated by the Company).
- This is a one year contract with the possibility of extension or permanency.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Linda Keane at Linda@ics.ie