Position Vacant: Contract Product Developer
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: 6 month contract on a self-employed basis
The Irish Computer Society (ICS) is a not for profit member society whose mission is to advance, promote and represent the interests of ICT professionals in Ireland.
The ICS provides its members with:
- An independent representative voice
- Independent means of keeping up-to-date
- Resources for professional development
- A network of contacts in the ICT sector
- Europe-wide professional recognition
- Guidance on professional standards
The ICS Foundation, the social enterprise division of the Irish Computer Society, furthers the interests of the IT profession through professional development events and conferences and relevant bespoke academic programmes.
The Irish Computer Society is currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and measured professional to undertake a portfolio of product development activities on a contract basis. This person will work in the ICS Foundation but will establish working relationships across the organisation in a stimulating, varied and satisfying role that is critical to delivering on the company’s strategic objectives.
The product development contractor will work with subject matter experts and key senior staff to extend the company’s training and consultancy portfolio by developing new programmes and productising services to address the needs of current or new markets. The initial focus will be on the company’s suite of Data Protection training and certification products. The Product Development Executive will also contribute to the research, specification and delivery of new programmes, as well as the revision and up-dating of existing programmes, as specified by management.
- Degree in education, training and development, learning and instructional design, or similar.
- Experience in an education or training, product management or other relevant setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of structure of syllabi and curricula and how to develop teaching and learning plans based on given syllabus.
- Knowledge of standardised assessment, norms, validity, reliability, adaptive testing.
- Highly skilled in ICT, including e-learning applications, virtual learning environments.
- Understanding of business processes and imperatives.
- Good team player, capable of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Flexible with the ability to work on several parallel projects within prescribed timeframes.
- Well presented, confident, assured and able to present and defend work.
Additional desirable Skills:
- Some ICT development skills, programming, multimedia, data analysis.
- Project management.
- Understanding of the ICT industry in Ireland.
- Knowledge of online automated testing systems.
- The position will be based in our Dublin 4 offices for the duration of the contract.
- Average 35-hour working week.
- This is a 6 month contract, on a self-employed basis, with the possibility of extension.
- Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 13th July, 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Linda Keane at Linda@ics.ie