Position Vacant: Conference and Events Executive
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: 8 month contract (maternity leave cover)
The Irish Computer Society is a not for profit member society whose mission is to advance, promote and represent the interests of ICT professionals in Ireland.
The ICS provides its members with:
- An independent representative voice.
- Independent means of keeping up-to-date.
- Resources for professional development.
- A network of contacts in the ICT sector.
- Europe-wide professional recognition.
- Guidance on professional standards.
The ICS Foundation, the social enterprise division of the Irish Computer Society, furthers the interests of the IT profession through professional development events and conferences and relevant bespoke academic programmes.
The Irish Computer Society is currently seeking a bright enthusiastic professional to fill the position of Conference and Events Executive. This person will work in the ICS Foundation, predominantly project managing ICS events and conferences.
- Create a project plan (including a marketing and social media plan) for every event to outline tasks that need to be completed to ensure a successful event.
- Schedule and chair regular meetings of the Conference Committee.
- Research suitable venues of conferences /events and negotiate best possible prices.
- Seek, secure and support event sponsors.
- Negotiate rates with exhibitors, delegates, speakers, advertisers and venues.
- Manage content on the event website, in collaboration with the ICS web developer.
- Coordinate event logistics (e.g. venue requirements, AV, catering, transport, etc.).
- Ensure that event communications, press releases, marketing lists, salesforce campaigns are up to date, proofed and approved as per the marketing plan.
- Work co-operatively with sales teams to maximise sales for conferences attendees.
- Create an event running order and manage event staff to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Create a post conference report for stakeholders.
- Research and be aware of market trends, analyse competition in locality and nationwide.
- Educated to (minimum) diploma (NFQ Level 7) standard in Marketing/Business/Events Management/PR
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within events/marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel, ECDL preferred.
- Able to multi-task.
- Strong presentation skills.
Additional desirable Skills:
- B2B sales experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, Salesforce and/or Adobe Illustrator software
- The position will be based in our Dublin 4 offices for the duration of the contract.
- Average 35-hour working week.
- 17 days annual leave (including 4 days mandated by the Company).
- This is an 8 month contract due to start on Wednesday 1st August, 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Linda Keane at Linda@ics.ie